Friday, November 15, 2013

weekend in review

Yes, I realize it's Friday, but I'm going to review the events of last weekend regardless.

I went home for a long weekend and man did I need it. It's strange how I seem to be developing backwards and in my senior year I am more homesick than ever. I think it's understandable, because my family is the best. No offense, other families.

SALVAGING
Along with a number of food salvage stores (not pictured) we went to this beauty in Grand River, City Salvage and Design.











FINE DINING
Going with the antique theme, we ended up at this funky diner near by. Being a lover of the American diner experience, I had been wanting to check this place out for a while. The vibe was great, and as always, the portions were obscenely large.




CRAFTING
We managed to make time for a couple of crafts this weekend. The first one being these mugs:







Decorate with Sharpie, then throw them in the oven at 400 for 45 minutes. Some of the colors change a little bit with the heat, but not drastically. 

Then these yarn ball things:









For these we just took some yarn, dipped it in watered down Elmer's glue, and wrapped it around a balloon. I was surprised by how well they turned out. The yellow guy is mine and I think I've decided to make a Christmas tree topper out of him.


VETERAN'S DAY
I would be lying if I told you I didn't cry.



Then of course, a stop at the local coffee shop after to warm up followed by some laundry and a sad farewell. See you soon, Northeast Ohio.





No comments:

Post a Comment