Saturday, January 4, 2014

resolutions

So I have this life journal, given to me by my dear friend and fellow blogger Kassie who handed it to me one day after I spent a good 20 minutes admiring her similar notebook which is full to the brim with drawings and notes.

At first glace it is a mere composition notebook.



But disguised inside that 97 cent composition notebook is the inner workings of my not-so-complex mind.





I've journaled in the past, mostly while I was in Brazil, using colorful markers and blank pages. But there's something about the color constraints of a black pen and the nerve it takes to write outside the lines that gets me inspired. This journal has become a list-filled, font-testing doodle haven.

So when I decided to start a New Years resolution list, I picked up my life journal of course. What started as a small list quickly grew longer and longer until I ran out of space on my first page.

"Why stop here?" I thought.
"Why not keep making resolutions until 2015?"

So it is a work in progress. It's an attempt at a better year and a better me, which will build and change as I do. Here's what I have so far.

cut back on material items
do more yoga
make a budget (and stick to it)
read more books
get out of Ohio/PA/Indiana/Michigan area
explore the Ohio/PA/Indiana/Michigan area
plan an out of country trip
save for the out of country trip (see budget)
find time to relax
appreciate relaxation time
read the news
visit friends far away
appreciate friends close by
drink more water
let go
eat from each food group every day
blog more regularly
don't take things personally
don't panic
go outside more
be more silly
take more pictures
care less
do more crafts
hold less grudges
slow down
reflect more
hug more
love more
dwell less




No comments:

Post a Comment