Sunday, August 25, 2013

gaf

I've been to quite a few cultural festivals in my day, and believe me I always love them. Typically it's just a large variety of food options, so who could complain about that? Well the German-American Festival is different. My friend Trish is an innofficial GAF expert, so I got the scoop from her.

What is it?
A big German party, essentially.

Where is it?
Oregon, Ohio

Who's invited?
Everyone. There's plenty of beer, but there are lots of family-appropriate activities as well.

Who shows up?
Everyone. People flock from all over the country.

Why?!
It's the only event of its' kind.

What do you do?
Sample a variety of German cuisine and beers while listening to polka music, dancing and shopping for authentic German novelties.

Who's responsible for this?
German-American Festival Society

Why do they put all this work into this?
They just want to spread some German love.


Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting too much going into this (rookie mistake), so I didn't bring my camera. I was forced to hijack my friend's iPhone to get some pictures.








This last one is a little hard to see, but it's a live cuckoo clock that "performed" every hour. Probably the highlight, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment