Friday, August 23, 2013

chi-town

I love Chicago.

I fell in love last summer when I explored the city for the first time. It was the first vacation I had ever planned and executed without my parents and although we were only there for 3 days, we crammed in more sight-seeing than I ever thought possible.

I revisited the city a couple of weekends ago when a few my friends and I road-tripped out to my roommate/best friend Kelley’s parents’ house in Indiana. We spent some time hanging out with her family including her precious little brother and sister then drove into Chicago for a day. 

Here’s what has me smitten.

Architecture
It's an Art Deco-lover's paradise.








Public Transportation
It's not that their public transportation is especially fabulous, I just have a thing for subways.





The River
A river flowing through the center of the city is a lovely touch of nature.





This Pizza
Giordanos literally has the best cheese with a side of dough and sauce I have ever had.




The Bean
What is it about this giant reflective legume that is so fascinating?




And all that jazz...
Cities in general are breeding grounds for interesting and adorable things.












No comments:

Post a Comment