Sunday, January 12, 2014

winter break activities

Every break from school I reach the final days and experience a little bout of sadness because I forget all the fun things I've done. Most of the time, as a preventative measure, I keep a little journal so I can look back and remember. This winter I decided to try a more visual approach.



I made maple taffy with my sister and her friend. I read about this in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book in about fourth grade and it has taken me all these years to finally look up a recipe. Pretty tasty, but mostly fun to make.


I made this banner for my friend who's getting married. It pays to have crafty bridesmaids.


I spent New Years Eve with my work family! At first I was kind of bummed that I had to work on New Years Eve but I actually had a blast. As you can see, they're a fun bunch.


Made these Bailey's Irish Creme Swirl Brownies. Mine didn't turn out as beautiful as Wee Kitchen's, but they certainly tasted delicious!


Crochet this.


Knit that.


Went snow shoeing with my parents on New Years Day. I can't think of a better way to begin the New Year than trying something new. The walk was beautiful, I will definitely be back.



And now to bed before my last first day of school tomorrow. Bittersweet indeed. Goodnight blogging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment