Friday, October 25, 2013

identity

As you may or may not know, this past summer brought with it a bit of panic and chaos. I made the final call that I do not want to teach in a classroom setting, despite being destined to graduate in December with a degree in Early Childhood Education. Why you might ask? I care too much. I want nothing but perfect education for every last child out there, which is quite impossible and the impossibility of it all caused me to be far too hard on myself.

So what direction does one turn when they are graduating in mere months and are unsure what path they wish to take thereafter?

  1. Pick up a minor in psychology.
  2. Spend an extra semester in college.
  3. Look for crazy jobs in awesome places.
  4. Get involved.
In the spirit of one of my many mantras "go hard or go home" I picked up quite a few activities. I increased my involvement in my learning community. I signed up for a remedial Spanish class. I got a second job. And most importantly for the purpose of this blog post, I got a position as a Career Center Student Ambassador. As a CSA my major role is to spread the word about the Career Center and the resources they offer. 


My first assignment as a CSA: project professional identity. 

What are five values that you identify with most closely?







What are some skills you are good at and some you hope to improve?


What are your hobbies and interests?
  • traveling
  • knitting
  • sewing
  • crafting
  • reading

What do you hope to gain from the position?
  • connections
  • friendship
  • public speaking skills
  • better awareness of career center resources

What do you look for in a supervisor?
  • consistency
  • positive attitude
  • constructive feedback
  • flexibility

How would others describe you?
  • adventurous
  • outgoing
  • understanding
  • committed

What motivates you?


and my constant will to self-improve.


No comments:

Post a Comment