Sunday, September 1, 2013

jelly bean epiphanies

I’m not a very spiritual person but I am a firm believer in synchronicity.

synchronicity (sink-kro-niss-sit-tee) an apparently meaningful coincidence in time of two or more similar or identical events that are causally unrelated

In other words, it’s a couple coincidences that I choose to take as a sign from some higher power that I am in the right place.

Lately I’ve picked up the enjoyable hobby of researching graduate schools and beginning some applications. This has led to a great deal of anxiety and stress. I’ve always been a high-stress kind of gal, but I’m going to be honest, the stress of these decisions has turned me into a straight up witch. This all culminated in a phone call to my parents in which I spent a good hour crying and yelling about my inability to make a proper decision. Fortunately, I am supported by a very kind and patient parental unit.

Immediately after hanging up the phone I felt guilty. I texted my mom to apologize and she said something along the lines of “It’s okay, not many people have a dream job lined up after college. You’re always welcome to stay with us.”

Fast forward to the next day. I read an article in the school newspaper pertaining to how college students may get a little sassy about having to come back to school in the fall but we should really take into account how many people don’t have the option to be in our shoes.

A week later, I’m chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool at a friend’s house and I meet the writer of that article and have the opportunity to share some of my feelings on the topic with her.

Finally, today my dear friend and roommate Kelley shows me this lovely number.


I’m not a big crier, but this sucker earned the waterworks. I have been truly ungrateful to have the opportunities to make the decisions I make. I am so lucky to have lived such an incredible and fulfilling life thus far. If I’m excited to see what fate has in store for me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment