Monday, January 6, 2014

land of the cle

My dad is more adventurous than I am.

On a cold day like the other day, I was all ready to curl up in my pajamas with a good book. My dad had other ideas. So we all piled in the car and headed out to the west side of Cleveland.

Good call, Dad.

First, we explored Flower Child, a beautifully vintage shop housing collectible items from the 30s-80s in Lakewood. Talk about heaven. Here are some of my favorites.




A lovely wall of hats.



A little record room in the basement.

Yes, that is a plunger. I found their stash of vintage Pyrex in the bathroom, of course.

That, my friends, is a holographic puppy picture. Don't everyone trample each other trying to get to that beauty.
Salt shakers galore!


Color coordinated vintage kitchen-ware. It's a dream come true.

We then moved on to downtown Cleveland where I experienced the wonder of Noodlecat for the first time.


If you're not familiar, Noodlecat is the brainchild of chef Jonathon Sawyer and is uniquely Cleveland. Noodlecat specializes in various noodle dishes (imagine that) such as ramen, udon and soba and uses fresh local ingredients. It is quite apparent that a lot of love goes into these steaming bowls of noodly goodness.
Not your average dollar pack of ramen, eh?

Finally, we visited the Arcades in Cleveland, which are looking much more lively than they were a few years ago.




Then we visited the highlight of Cleveland: these spinny chairs.




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment