Sunday, October 6, 2013

drunk on bread

I was totally going to study for my Psychology exam, but if I discover I have all the ingredients for homemade bread good luck trying to get me out of the kitchen. I stumbled upon this recipe while researching how to eat when you are a moneyless college student. As an added bonus, this bread plays into the stereotype that college students love nothing more than beer!


(Please also take note of our salt and pepper nesting dolls and rooster kitchen timer.)


You can't really go wrong with fresh baked bread and this is no exception. Delicious and dense, it was perfect with a little bit of butter.

Alright, now I'm going to blow your mind. Are you ready? Five ingredients. All of which you probably have on hand. Yeah. I know what you're doing today.


Beer Bread

ingredients
3 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
2 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 can of beer
1 tablespoon of honey

directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease loaf pan.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, beer and honey in large bowl.
Stir together until mixed well. Bake for 45 minutes. 


Also, if you're sitting there thinking "Girl, I can totes relate to your college student food funding woes" then check out this article as well.

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment